Electronic And Computer Engineering Beng computer engineering
The module covers a selection of topics where information is acquired from sensors and subsequently electronically processed. Applications will typically include, optical, acoustic, non-destructive evaluation, medical and bio-photonics. This year is common to all courses in the Electrical and Electronic Engineering department.
- You’ll design and develop simulation software as appropriate models to evaluate the pure performance and availability, as well as performability of the internetworking systems.
- This course is also accredited by the BCS , the Chartered Institute for IT and partially meets the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered IT professional.
- Examples of this include watching online materials, participating in an online discussion forum, completing a virtual laboratory or reading specific texts.
- Studying all things electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering at Kent will allow you to be part of this revolution and to gain the knowledge and skills to make your own mark in this exciting field.
- Our virtual labs provide a cutting-edge environment to create entire virtual networks, complete with services, users and even attackers.
Our modules may change to reflect the latest academic thinking and expertise of our staff. Many of the projects on offer are closely aligned to our current research, giving you the chance to work alongside world-class academics at the forefront of the field. You will be fully supported by an academic member of staff who will visit you in the workplace and meet you regularly to discuss your placement work.
Beng Hons Electronic And Computer Engineering
Ability to investigate and define a problem and identify constraints including cost drivers, economic, environmental, health and safety and risk assessment issues largely by undertaking student led individual and group project work. The need for a high level of professional and ethical conduct in electronic and computer engineering, directly applied in a case study context. Methods of assessment will vary according to subject specialism and individual modules.
If you choose to take the professional placement year offered on this course you will pay a reduced fee during this year. Our fee for the professional placement year is £1,370 for UK students and £2,120 for international students. Brighton technology company, Paxton, offers our engineering, computing, maths, and product design students three scholarships a year worth £10,000 and a three-month paid placement.
Aeronautical Engineering Benghons With Integrated Foundation Year
Operating Systems focuses on the internal structure of modern multi-tasking operating systems. The module explores the techniques used in order to efficiently manage the resources of computer systems and provide protection to these resources and its users. The hardware/software interfaces and the levels of abstractions are studied in detail. Embedded Systemsintroduces you to the principles of embedded systems as essential tools for enabling many other advanced technologies that we see or experience around us. The basics of the hardware and software unique to microcontrollers, as core components of embedded systems, are introduced.
University Of The Year Shortlisted
This course is specially designed to bridge the gap between electronics/hardware engineering and computer science/software engineering. The course covers most aspects of software while focusing on the advanced hardware design based on FPGA and system design based on microcontroller. International Pathway Courses are specialist programmes designed for international students who want to study in the UK. We provide a range of study options for international students in partnership with INTO.